RASA Restaurant Intercontinental Jakarta MidPlaza Hotel

Got invited to the grand opening of Rasa restaurant just last week. It was splendid!

The newly renamed Rasa restaurant (was Java), which by the way means "taste" in the Indonesian language is the hotel's all-day dining restaurant. It has a new dining concept, a new interior design to keep up the appetite of the guests. The name has spoken for itself, so there must be certain touch of Indonesian culinary in the service.

The event was started with the cocktail and canape party at the pool area following the greetings from the heads of the hotel and the restaurant's management. The opening featured a live BBQ for everyone's eyes. The scent of the baked meat just kept making me hungry.



The interior of the restaurant is super chic, honestly I was expecting more of the traditional Indonesian touch to the interior to live up the ambience. Rasa incorporates an open-plan kitchen with live cooking stations for a greater interaction between the guests and the creative chefs, so you can see the whole cooking process and not worrying about them doing something to your food you don't even want to imagine. Safety checked!





For the meal served here, it's a buffet style dining experience which is the mix of international cuisine and authentic Asian specialties displayed with a modern twist. Buffet selections are rotated on a regular basis and on any given day guests can expect food items from the West as well as India, China, South East Asia and beyond. Premium ingredients are used here such as Wagyu beef, lamb chops, veal, red snapper, salmon, seabass and a lot more!!! The surprise doesn't stop here, you can also find your favorite juice and desserts at their own bars! HEARTY!

The service was great, the hospitality of the staff really got me, they really had their eyes on us, whenever I just finished my plate, in seconds, the lovely butlers came to clean my area. Service is great. How about the food then? Still needs to be the real deal afterall. Well, I love most of them, especially the international cuisine! I think they really nailed the meat station because the meat was fresh, juicy, cooked very well, especially the veal and the Wagyu! Hands down, they're so delicious. However, I found that the Asian cuisine, especially from the Indonesian section needs to be more in variety.








Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup) was one of my favorites among the meal that night. The oxtail was juicy and the soup was fragrantly drooling.
I also ate Nasi Goreng, Mie Goreng, and Batagor but didn't manage to take the photos because I realized I sucked at the my own serving for myself and I ruined the photogenic "genes" from the food. They were good.








The chocolate cakes were very lovely! Had them with vanilla ice cream and they're such a joy in the mouth.


Matcha ice cream to be worshipped for!


Best dessert of the night for me belongs to this one!


Okay, I know right, I ate like A LOT!!! My stomach is like a bottomless pit.

After a splendid dining experience and despite my expectations of the more variety of Indonesian culinary, this new venture certainly still worth your try, comparing to the other buffet restaurants in town, this one is a contender. You can have your lovely treats here for IDR 298k++ for each person.

Rasa Restaurant || FACEBOOK | TWITTER
2nd fl of Intercontinental Jakarta MidPlaza Hotel
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 10-11
021 - 251 0888

2 komentar:

  1. After read your blog I am very excited to go there.
    Finally make the chance 2 weeks ago and feel so disappointed with the food. Too salty and not fresh. They should make it better, not just in the Grand Launching.

    BalasHapus
  2. Hello I read your blog it is great and useful for us , Thanks for share this blog. we are providing Restaurant in Karratha, Functions in Karratha in Karratha. If you want to know more about this services please visit website.

    BalasHapus