Trafique Coffee Jakarta

...and yes you are welcome to one of my most favorite coffee shops at the moment.

I know, might be too early to decide something without telling you guys all the reasons behind the love, but stick with me I'll hook you up to this new coffee shop in town that managed to steal my heart just on the very first visit, all I ask is just consistent performances so that I'll stay in love or I'll cheat.

Nuff with the dramatic opening, ladies and gentlemen or most importantly coffee lovers out there, give a round of applause to Trafique Coffee!

First impression arriving in front of this building was like "OMFG it should be a coffee house instead of coffee shop", this was slightly a lot bigger that most coffee shops in Jakarta, they are mostly petite!

Reminds me of those houses I saw in London! Ah memories, couldn't seem to move on!

Trafique Coffee is pretty easy to find, it's located just at the Hang Tuah street (number 9) just right across Senayan City and Hang Lekir, and if you see the number "9" sign in yellow color on top of the security station, then you're on the right place, also if you happen to see the yellow door like below, but stick to the number 9 sign or else you'll miss this!!! Especially if you drive by car then you're going to have to turn around. Detail much?!
Anyway, what's with yellow? There must be another 'sign', and yes there is! You can call this the 'reincarnation' of the previously existing "Yellow Truck Coffee" in Jakarta, even though it's no longer operating but this was built under the same management who still have the same passion for coffee (bravo!), short to say, a newborn venture with the same genes but different look!

I must say I was quite blown away by the place because the interior was in a glance... almost my dream coffee shop! White walls all around, the lingering smell of coffee surrounding the atmosphere of the room, earthy material used as additional interior elements, a little green from little plants and most importantly, access to the daylight, and I was glad that Trafique Coffee had it all! So far has been good!
I noticed this coffee shop was very vintage-minimalist and it's clearly shown from the concept and the decos they're using all over the room. You're going to see wicked old telephone hanging on the walls, traffic lights, expressionist paintings and illustrations, some people might find it strange and quirky but it's FREAKING WICKED! ME LOVE the sense of fun 'injected' to the scene!

FAVORITE SPOT! The best seatings are always near the windows.

I love how the center masterpiece brings life to the this area.

The seating areas were divided into three areas: the smoking area, the non-smoking areas and the meeting rooms one level above. Wouldn't say the smoking area to be "the outdoor" area because technically it was just located at the unconditioned area of the venue, closer to the park. Of course, I stayed inside, yes to direct contact with sunlight but major NO for smoke!

Magazine rack with updated issues.



Left: the non-smoking area (spot the AC), right: the smoking area... "outdoor".





The toilet was also hipster-ish!



Okay, for the beverage, I ordered one iced cappuccino with caramel flavor (IDR 40k), initially wanted to buy some more like their soda coffee, but since I was the only one who actually drinks coffee and I didn't want to drink much then, this was the only beverage that I purchased. The iced cappuccino was good, the amount of coffee and milk given was just perfect, I didn't find it too strong nor too light, I think the caramel flavor really put the effort in balancing everything, at the end, it was just settled :).

One thing you need to know about their coffee is that they grind and the roast their own freaking coffees, and they're also supplying for some coffee shops in Jakarta but I won't name names ssssshhh!!!! The server also told me that the coffee here are guaranteed to be healthy, especially for those who have issues with stomach or 'maag' because they're using Single Origin here (Robusta free for those who have sensitive issues with stomach). If you love manual brews, then you can try their custom "Dolok Sanggul".

Oxtail Cream Soup
IDR 55k
A visit is not a visit without some food! Tried their Oxtail Cream Soup and it was overall delicious! Super fond of the creamy texture and consistency, good savory dish to warm up the palate, however, the oxtail meat wasn't really generous for that price but I was glad that they put in mushrooms and carrot cuts, and if they could tone down the saltiness of this, then it'd be even better!


Fried Bread with Chicken Sausage Filling
IDR 35k
This was a successful dish, the breads were perfectly crispy on the outside while still leaving the inner part (bread and sausage) to be hot but not overcooked. Having this dish with simply mayonnaise or chili sauce was just beautiful.


I don't know if they're mental or accidentally did this but the spelling was WOOOONG!!! *Mad Chinese accent*.

I had a FREAKING GOOD TIME in Trafique, the service was beyond friendly, the coffee was pretty decent, the savory treats were indeed beautiful treats and cherry on top, fast Wi-Fi connection! All in one hell of a gorgeous looking coffee shop!

For those of you who haven't got the chance to go here, then you might want to pay a visit! They also have meeting rooms for rent with capacity up to 20 people.

Actually, I still love the quiet ambiance of the coffee shop without a lot of people in, the thing is, I like places (esp. coffee shops) where I could hide from the crowd and do my thing, One Fifteenth used to be my favorite but it started to get so crowded I sometimes couldn't even concentrate, but that doesn't mean I don't love 'it', it still remains one of my MOST favorites and one of those with serious coffees!

...but hey! I am wishing this place a pocketful of luck and blessings, so that a lot more people could come and have a good time here, in the end, it's a business that needs to run and survive, bro you have my back ;).

THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME AND FOR NOW... STEALING MY HEART!!!

AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Trafique Coffee
Jl. Hang Tuah Raya No. 9
Senayan, Jakarta Selatan
0878 8984 8004
Opening Hours: 8 AM - 10 PM
Price Range: IDR 30k - IDR 55k
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM


FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

Map for Trafique Coffee

4 komentar:

  1. Hey this place looks great! Saya di Jakarta lagi dari 1-4 September. Ada rekomendasikan untuk warkop tradisional seperti phoenam di Jkt? Mau coba rumah kopi baru dan tua ya

    BalasHapus
  2. aah, kopi. selalu memaksa untuk meminumnya lagi dan mencoba lagi kafe kafe baru yg bertebaran

    BalasHapus
  3. Komentar ini telah dihapus oleh pengarang.

    BalasHapus
  4. Thank u for the info... I'll go to this place this Sunday with my Cousin, he's from UK and he's gonna love this place... Can't wait!

    BalasHapus